X-1004 Composite Fibre Shell Modular Helmet
X-Lite's new flip-up helmet which maintains and enriches the much-appreciated technical characteristics of its predecessor, the X-1003. Its compact volume(thanks to the availability of three outer shell sizes), double P/J homologation, VPS sunscreen, efficient TVS Touring Ventilation System, exclusive Dual Action chin guard opening mechanism, Microlock® double-lever retention system with adjustment, Touring Performance Unitherm inner comfort padding(with an innovative net construction) and N-com X-Series communication system (ready for) make the X-1004 a reference-point flip up helmet for the most demanding of motorbike tourists.
X-1004 is the flip-up helmet by X-Lite for the touring rider:
• The helmet can be used either with the chin guard open(J configuration) or closed (P configuration), as the protective chin guard has passed the homologation tests required by UN/ECE regulations for full-face helmets.
• Pinlock® Fog resistant inner visor supplied and with a silicone sealed profile.
• Double Action device allowing the visor lock(to prevent accidental visor opening at high speeds) or visor demisting at low speeds or stops (by a minimum visor opening)
• VPS Sunscreen with UV 400 protection. Positioned on the inside of the helmet, it is molded out of LEXAN™ and is S/R (scratch resistant) and F/R (fog resistant) treated with UV protection up to 400 nanometres. It is easy to remove when it is needed or for normal maintenance and cleaning operations.
• TVS (touring ventilation system) The system is made up of: an upper air intake that provides both direct ventilation to the front of the helmet (even at low speeds and independent to the position of the VPS) and diffused ventilation to the upper-head area in combination with the innovative net featuring the liner. A chin guard air intake that allows ventilation at mouth level and directs air straight to the visor, limiting fogging. A rear extractor integrated into a rear spoiler, it allows for the expulsion of hot, stale air.
• Microlock® Double lever retention system with micrometric adjustment. This system consists of a thermoplastic ergonomic opening lever, and of second aluminum toothed and holding lever.
• Dual Action chin guard opening system. Positioned in the center of the chin guard, it allows for easy one handed opening.
• Removable Liner with Innovative Net Construction. This assists the movement of air around the upper part of the head, which thus stays cool and dry.
• Eye wear adaptive. Exclusive system designed for the comfort of eyeglass wearers. It allows space in the cheek pads for the glasses temples.
• Integrated Chin Straps. Removable and washable, they are integrated in the cheek pads, favoring the helmets fit, as well as its wear ability.
• Wearability. Compared to its predecessor (the X-1003 model) the X-1004 has improved wearability in the chin area: the chin guard has been slightly elongated to offer ease of wear.
Thank you for choosing a X-Lite® helmet. BUT ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT THE UTMOST CARE AND CAUTION ARE YOUR BEST POSSIBLE PROTECTION WHENEVER YOU RIDE A MOTORCYCLE!
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY ALL THE CLAUSES AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY CERTIFICATE.
By this LIMITED WARRANTY CERTIFICATE, Nolan® and X-Lite® guarantee to the original purchaser of the helmet that the product is free from all material and manufacturing defects at the time of purchase.
COVER PROVIDED BY THE WARRANTY
This limited warranty certificate offers these warranty periods:
a) for defects which might arise on painting or coating of the outer shell, 2 (two) years from the date of purchase or 4 (four) years from the date of manufacture (printed on the label sewn inside the helmet), whichever comes first;
b) for all other defects not included in item a), 5 (five) years from the date of purchase or 7 (seven) years from the date of manufacture (printed on the label sewn inside the helmet), whichever comes first. Nolan® shall proceed, through their distribution networks and after verifying the defect, to repair or replace the defective product. Nolan® shall supply all the materials and provide all the labor reasonably necessary to remedy the reported defect, except for cases in which the damage is attributable to one of the reasons listed in the paragraph below, entitled "Exclusions and Limitations of Cover".
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF COVER
This warranty covers only material and manufacturing defects. Nolan® cannot be held liable for damages to the product which are either wholly or partially attributable to any other cause, including, but not limited to:
a) damage caused by improper use, lack of due care, normal wear and tear of internal and external components;
b) scratches, abrasions, detaching of paint or other damage caused to the external painted parts of the helmet by accidental impacts;
c) scratches, abrasions, deterioration or other damage caused to the helmet visor by accidental impacts or by incorrect cleaning procedure of the visor;
d) damage caused by the application of stickers and/or adhesives;
e) any damage caused by an accident;
f) any modification or change made to the helmet by the user or by third parties;
g) damages caused by any type of painting/lacquering applied un the external shell by the user or third party;
h) color changes or damage caused by exposure to harmful chemical products;
i) color variations or damages caused by exposure to sunlight and/or heat sources;
j) change in the fluorescent colors used in the graphics on some models as a consequence of prolonged and direct exposure to sunlight; k) use of incompatible accessories not sold by Nolan®.
Defects covered by this warranty likewise do not include all the specific and subjective situations which may arise during dynamic use of the helmet, such as problems of comfort due to improper sizing, or wind noise while riding. Nolan® cannot in any case be held liable for accidental or consequential damage (including, with no limitation whatsoever, injuries to a person or persons) resulting from the
failure to comply with the obligations stipulated in this warranty regarding Nolan® products.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties, incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty
gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
VALIDITY OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY
This warranty is valid only if all the sections of the attached REGISTRATION FORM are completed in full and the registration is returned to the address indicated on the card within 10 (ten) days from the date of the purchase:
1) number of the homologation label (printed on the label sewn inside the helmet or on the chinstrap) and designation of the model;
2) name of the authorized dealer;
3) date of purchase of the helmet;
4) name address and telephone number of the purchaser.
PROCEDURE TO BE FOLLOWED TO MAKE POSSIBLE CLAIMS
To proceed with any claim covered by this warranty, the purchaser must notify directly Nolan’s agent in the USA of the alleged defect encountered by him. In agreement with Nolan’s agent, the purchaser may have to return the helmet to which the complaints refer, at the purchasers expense, along with the sales receipt or other proof of purchase (and date of purchase) and a copy of the warranty registration form.
BEFORE REFERRING THE MATTER TO THE AGENT, WE ADVISE YOU TO READ CAREFULLY THE USERS MANUAL ATTACHED TO THE HELMET WHICH MUST BE FOLLOWED SCRUPULOUSLY FOR YOUR OWN PROTECTION AND THAT OF THIRD PARTIES.
5 (FIVE) YEARS AFTER THE DATE OF PURCHASE OR 7 (SEVEN) YEARS AFTER THE DATE OF MANUFACTURE(PRINTED ON THE LABEL SEWN INSIDE THE HELMET) THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL LAPSE ENTIRELY. AFTER THAT PERIOD, WE STRONGLY ADVISE YOU TO REPLACE YOUR HELMET FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY. CERTAIN ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS, IMPROPER USE OF THE PRODUCT, ACCIDENTAL IMPACTS, NORMAL EXTERNAL AND INTERNAL WEAR AND TEAR, INVOLVEMENT IN ACCIDENTS, HOWEVER MINOR, ETC., MAY HAVE SERIOUSLY INFLUENCED THE MECHANICAL OR PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF THE PRODUCT, THEREBY IMPAIRING ITS PROPERTIES.
This warranty is valid in the entire territory of the United States and Canada and is the only express warranty given by Nolan® in relation to the sale of their own helmets. Any service provided under the warranty does not have the effect of extending the warranty period itself. If the helmet or any of its components are replaced, a new warranty period does not begin to run on the product or on individual components supplied by way of replacement; the date of purchase or the date of manufacture of the original helmet remains the deciding factor.